It’s popsicle week! Do you make up holidays? Are you a grown adult who still enjoys a good taco night? Do you celebrate your “birthday WEEK” rather than your “birthDAY?” Great! I think you’ll be quite into popsicle week, which is a completely made up occasion to celebrate popsicles on the internet. Billy from the blog Wit & Vinegar is the mastermind behind Popsicle Week. Be sure to click on over to the Popsicle Week WORLD HEADQUARTERS (!!!) throughout the week to check out the popsicle recipes that other bloggers are sharing.
I’m celebrating in style with some salted bourbon caramel pops made with Fat Toad Farm’s amazing salted bourbon goat’s milk caramel. Fat Toad Farm is a small, family owned goat dairy in Central Vermont specializing in farmstead Goat’s Milk Caramel sauces. Check out their online store to see all that they make. You may recall that I tried some of this famed, small-batch cajeta earlier this summer at the Fancy Food Show. It was SO GOOD that I pretty much came right home and emailed the folks at Fat Toad Farm to see if they’d be interested in working together for a giveaway. (I also followed them on twitter and facebook because CUTE GOAT PICS.) Luckily they were happy to share and sent me some salted bourbon caramel to play around with, plus some to give away!
I got the inspiration to use the cajeta in a popsicle from Fany Gerson’s awesome book Paletas. I deliberated over accessorizing my pops—peanut butter swirl, chocolate dip—but, ultimately deciding to go minimal and really let the flavor of the cajeta shine. The depth of flavor is so amazing in the salted bourbon cajeta that I really just wanted to showcase it.
Thanks to the folks at Fat Toad Farm, I have this really cute goat’s milk caramel gift set to give away, which includes 8oz jar of caramel, a mini-loaf pan, and seasonal recipe card. To enter, just leave a comment on this post and share your favorite flavor of popsicle. The giveaway will close on Monday, August 19th at 5pm ET and I’ll randomly choose a winner after that. Giveaway is open to US residents only.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Fat Toad Farm Salted Bourbon Goat’s Milk Caramel
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the heavy cream and cinnamon sticks over medium heat in a small saucepan until it begins to simmer. Keep your eye on it because it won’t take long.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 30 minutes. In the meantime prepare 6 popsicle molds and sticks.
- After 30 minutes, remove the cinnamon sticks and pour the heavy cream into a large bowl. Whisk the caramel into the cream until fully incorporated. Gradually add the milk, whisking to combine, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into molds.
- Freeze according to the instructions for your specific popsicle mold system. If your molds don’t have something to hold the sticks in place, freeze the pops for about an hour and a half, then insert the sticks.
- Freeze until solid.
Disclosures: There’s an Amazon.com affiliate link up there, which means I will receive an itty bitty commission on all purchases made through Amazon links in this post. Fat Toad Farm provided me with their product free of charge and will provide the giveaway product to the winner, but my opinions remain my own.